Parent-Scout Weekend is Here!
We’re looking forward to seeing everyone who registered for Parent-Scout Camping this weekend.
Lots of details in this email so please read all the way through.
- Weather: We camp in all reasonable weather, and this weekend is looking good though rain would not be unusual. Bring your rain gear.
- Campsite: We will be camping at the Dan Beard campground. Click here for Google Maps. As you enter Raven Knob, bear right to go past the dining hall and watch for signs for Dan Beard.
- Adirondacks and Tents: This site has several Adirondacks – three-wall shelters with bunk beds. Most campers can stay here though if you are a tent camper, bring a tent too. There is also space to hang hammocks!
- When: Campers can plan to be there Friday anytime after 5. We will be finished up Sunday late morning. You do not need to check in with Raven Knob as our Scout Master will check in our entire group.
- Meals: All meals will be provided in camp. That includes Friday dinner, all three meals on Saturday and while we won’t cook a hot meal on Sunday, we will likely have some packaged foods available.
- Mess Kits: Please bring a camping mess kit. As a Pack, we’ve thrown away far too many plastic cups and utensils before. In an effort to be more eco-friendly, we invite you to bring a mess kit with you.
IMPORTANT – Confirm Your Registration:
Just to make sure we’re not missing anyone, please review the list below. Let us know if you feel that you registered but do not see your name.
- Barroso (arriving Sat)
- Hutchison (arriving Sat)
- Jacks (arriving Sat)
- Barry (arriving Sat)
- Thompson (day only)
Again, if you believe that you had registered and are not listed, please email me right away.
In addition to completing the health forms which were posted on the registration page, you will also need to sign the health waiver (At Risk COVID-19 Form). Please complete all three forms and email to scouterlmd. For good measure, bring printed copies of the forms with you. Thank you.
- BSA Medical Form with Part A & B Completed
- Outdoor Release (Scouts Only)
- At Risk COVID-19 Form
Masks will be required indoors at Raven Knob. That would include the trading post (general store) and any of the indoor activity areas, which are all optional to enter.
- Rank books
- Class A uniform (NO neckerchief and slide!)
- Canteen or water bottle (write name on bottles!)
- Mess Kit (plates, bowls, utensils, and coffee mugs)
- We will have a three-station wash station set up to clean up after meals
- Shorts (x2)
- Long pants (x1)
- Underwear (x2)
- Socks (x2)
- Sweatshirt or light jacket
- Extra shoes in case they get wet
- Rain coat/rain gear
- Notebooks and pen/pencil (optional)
- Watch (optional)
- Wallet and a little extra spending money ($5-$10)
- Washcloth and towel
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc., no glass bottles)
- Medications (as needed)
- Flashlight with new batteries and spare batteries
- Insect repellant
- Sleeping bag
- Fishing gear (optional)
- Sunglasses (optional)
- Pocket knives (for Bears and Webelos with Whittling Chip)
- Tent and Tarp (if not sleeping in an Adirondack)
Do Not Bring:
- Firearms (or water guns)
- Electronic devices (e.g., game devices, etc.)