Parent-Scout Weekend is Here!
We’re looking forward to seeing everyone who registered for Parent-Scout Camping this weekend.
Below are a few key details for this weekend:
- Weather: We camp in all reasonable weather, and this weekend, though perhaps wet, is still a go. Bring your rain gear.
- Campsite: We will be camping at the Nature Center campground. Click here for Google Maps. It’s on the left past the OA Arena across from the block shower house (there will be plenty of navigational signs).
- When: Campers can plan to be there Friday anytime after 5. We will be finished up Sunday late morning. You do not need to check in with Raven Knob if you arrive separately from the rest of our group (but do check in with Mr Danhauer).
Confirm Your Registration:
Just to make sure we’re not missing anyone, please review the list below. Let us know if you feel that you registered but do not see your name.
- Rank books
- Class A uniform (NO neckerchief and slide!)
- Canteen or water bottle (write name on bottles!)
- Mess Kit (plates, bowls, utensils, and coffee mugs)
- We will have a three station wash station set up to begin training everyone on this process.
- Shorts (x3)
- Long pants (x1)
- Underwear (x4)
- Socks (x3)
- Hat (rank hat is preferred)
- Sweatshirt or light jacket
- Extra shoes
- Rain coat/rain gear
- Notebooks and pen/pencil (optional)
- Watch (optional)
- Wallet and a little extra spending money ($5-$10)
- Washcloth and towel
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc., no glass bottles)
- Medications (as needed)
- Flashlight with new batteries and spare batteries
- Insect repellant
- Sleeping bag
- Fishing gear (optional)
- Sunglasses (optional)
- Pocket knives (for Bears and Webelos with Whittling Chip)
- Books (optional)
Do Not Bring:
- Firearms (or water guns)
- Electronic devices (e.g., game devices, etc.)