Parent-Scout Weekend is Here!
We’re looking forward to seeing everyone who registered for Parent-Scout Camping this weekend.
Below are a few key details for this weekend:
- Weather: We camp in all reasonable weather. This weekend there is some rain in the forecast so bring rain gear.
- Campsite: We will be camping at the Geronimo campground. Click herefor Google Maps (does not work on Apple Maps in my experience). Geronimo is not hard to find – just keep bearing right past the front gate and it’s not far up the hill.
- When: Campers can plan to be there Friday anytime after 5. We will be finished up Sunday late morning.
- Health Forms: If you have not completed health forms, please do so now and email to Lee Danhauer. You can access the forms here.
- Public Health: Be prepared for daily temperature checks and enhanced safety protocols. Face coverings/masks required.
Confirm Your Registration:
Just to make sure we’re not missing anyone, please review the list below. Let us know if you feel that you registered but do not see your name.
Again, if you believe that you had registered and are not listed, please email Lee Danhauer immediately. All registered families need to submit health forms.
- Face mask (x2, a backup will be a good idea)
- Rank books
- Class A uniform (NO neckerchief and slide!)
- Canteen or water bottle (write name on bottles!)
- Mess Kit with your name on it (plates, bowls, utensils, and coffee mugs)
- We will have a three station wash station set up to begin training everyone on this process.
- Shorts (x2)
- Long pants (x1)
- Underwear (x3)
- Socks (x3)
- Hat (rank hat is preferred)
- Sweatshirt or light jacket
- Extra shoes
- Rain coat/rain gear
- Notebooks and pen/pencil (optional)
- Watch (optional)
- Wallet and a little extra spending money ($5-$10)
- Washcloth and towel
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc., no glass bottles)
- Medications (as needed)
- Flashlight with new batteries and spare batteries
- Insect repellant
- Sleeping bag
- Fishing gear (optional)
- Sunglasses (optional)
- Pocket knives (for Bears and Webelos with Whittling Chip)
- Tent (we do have access to the Adirondaks so tents are optional)
- Books (optional)
Do Not Bring:
- Firearms (or water guns)
- Electronic devices (e.g., game devices, etc.)
Leave a Reply