Raven Knob Fall Adventure: October 13 – 15
Registration is now due for this trip! This is a favorite tradition with Pack 910. The Old Hickory Council operates Camp Raven Knob, which is a scouting paradise, IMHO. Located an hour from Winston-Salem, Camp Raven Knob is in the western part of Surry County in the foothills. The Fall Adventure weekend means that many of the activity stations at the 3500+ acre camp will be open for cub scouts and their families to come and enjoy. We will have our meals at the dining hall and for many scouts, they absolutely look forward to this trip.
We will discuss the trip details on Sunday at our Pack meeting, but if you have questions prior to that, please let me know. We have only 15 slots remaining on this trip and they are first come, first served. The registration link is here and the following families are registered: Dyer, Juarez, Lobb, Pegram, Reeves, Thompson, Tomlinson, Wendenburg, Wollner.
There is a packing list at the bottom of this email that you can use for your planning and preparation.
Popcorn Sales: LOWES FOODS SLOTS OPEN THIS WEEKEND!!
We have raised nearly $2,500 from our storefront sales already these past few weekends! All families who are able to participate are encouraged. This Saturday and Sunday, Pack 910 will be selling popcorn at the Lowes Foods on Robinhood Rd. There are some key slots open on our signup genius. On Saturday we need two more scouts from 9 to 11 am, one more scout from 11 am to 1 pm, and three scouts from 1 to 3 pm. There are additional times on Sunday for all those who could not participate in the Saturday sales – this Sunday is your opportunity! Come and get ’em while they are hot!
Campmaster’s Account Creation
We briefly described the process of setting up your scout’s account on the camp master’s website. You can view this guide for step-by-step instructions for the account creation on the Campmaster’s website.
Remember, Scouts can sell popcorn three easy ways:
1. Storefront sales, slots available at signupgenius.
2. Door to door with the sales sheets we distributed at Sunday’s meeting.
3. Online, after setting up your scout’s account.
Questions about popcorn sales? Contact our coordinator, Laura Chernushkin – who has done a fantastic job with this years’ sale!
Campout at Sugar Valley
This campout was a tremendous success! And, we would like to have your feedback about what we can do better. If you have suggestions for us, please take a minute to share it in this google doc. Including your name is at your option (just add it in to your comment).
Share your feedback here on the google doc.
Raven Knob Fall Adventure Packing List:
- 1 or 2 changes of clothes, especially dry socks
- Jacket, hoodie, etc for cool evenings
- Rain gear as needed
- Basic toiletries (there are showers nearby the campsite; bring toothbrush, toothpaste, shower soap + shampoo, etc.)
- Washcloth and towel
- Mess kit (washable plate/bowl + spork, etc)
- Water bottle
- Cup for coffee or hot chocolate
- Tent + ground cover (this depends on the campsite we are assigned. Some sites have Adirondack shelters)
- Sleeping bag
- Air mattress as desired (preferred by many glamping parents)
- Pillow as desired
- Camping chair (optional)
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Insect repellent
- Sunglasses, hat, sunscreen as appropriate
- Appropriate footwear that you are comfortable hiking in and will keep your feet dry (an extra pair can be helpful)
- Bears and above who have a whittling chip may bring a pocketknife
- Medications as needed
- Fishing gear (optional)
- Wallet and a little extra spending money
- Rank book + pen and notepaper as desired
Alcohol and firearms are not permitted. Electronics for kids are discouraged.
Anything on the list you don’t have, or think you need? Let me know! We might have an extra!
Calendar. You can access the full calendar on our website at cubscouts910.org/home/calendar/printable-calendar/
Trip Registrations. You can start signing up for trips as well. All Fall trips are open for registration at cubscouts910.org/event-registration
Yours in Scouting,