For all families registered for this weekend’s campout at Raven Knob, please read for details and your packing list.
Spring Into Scouting is Here!
We’re looking forward to seeing everyone who registered for Spring Into Scouting this weekend: Friday March 31 through Sunday, April 2. If you are attending, details are below. For all scout families please note:
LAST CALL for registration on the New River Campout! Please register by Friday, March 31. Register for New River Camping.
RESIDENT CAMP! If you plan to attend Resident Camp, registrations are due by April 30. Please go ahead and sign up so we can begin our planning for resident camp. If you would like to attend part of the camp (but not all), please let me know – we would be glad to have you! Register for Resident Camp June 14 – 17.
The rest of the message applies to families attending Spring Into Scouting, this weekend.
The following families are registered. Name missing? Let me know – it’s not too late!
- Amigone, 3, arriving Sat
- Barry, 4, departing Sat
- Chernushkin, 2, departing Sat
- Danhauer, 2
- Dyer, 3
- Irvin, 3, arriving Sat
- Juarez, 2, departing Sat
- Lobb, 4
- Long, 3
- Maddux, 2
- McCurry, 2
- Osswald, 3
- Whitaker, 2, arriving Sat
- Zeller, 2
Again, if you believe that you had registered and are not listed, please email me right away.
- Weather: The long range forecast includes a chance of showers on Saturday. Daytime temps in the 70’s and overnight lows in the 40’s. Dress in layers and bring rain gear
- Campsite: We will be camping at the Sequoia campground. danielorg ASAP. I will print all for our files at camp and we must have those for every camper. Thank you.
- BSA Medical Form with Part A & B Completed
- Outdoor Release (Scouts Only)
- At Risk COVID-19 Form
Packing List (if you need gear, please let me know):
- Tent and Tarp
- Rank books
- Class A uniform (NO neckerchief and slide!)
- Canteen or water bottle (write name on bottles!)
- Mess Kit (plates, bowls, utensils, and coffee mugs)
- We will have a three-station wash station set up to clean up after meals
- Long pants (x2) and shorts optionally
- Underwear (x2)
- Socks (x2)
- Heavy sweatshirt or jacket, especially at night
- Extra shoes in case they get wet
- Rain coat/rain gear
- Notebooks and pen/pencil (optional)
- Watch (optional)
- Wallet and a little extra spending money ($5-$10)
- Washcloth and towel
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc., no glass bottles)
- Medications (as needed)
- Flashlight with new batteries and spare batteries
- Insect repellant
- Sleeping bag
- Camping chair
- Fishing gear (optional)
- Sunglasses (optional)
- Pocket knives (only for Bears and Webelos with Whittling Chip, and it should be carried by the parent, not the scout)
Do Not Bring:
- Firearms (or water guns)
- Electronic devices (e.g., kid’s phones, game devices, etc.)